Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Thursday 5 May 2016


      Once all of the models had been texture, I put them into UE4, plugging all of the texture maps that I’d made into the UE material editor and attaching each material to its corresponding model.
A couple of times i went back and forth between UE4 and Quixel, editing
the maps that I’d made if the look I got wasn’t quite what I was hoping for.

      With just a 10k triangles limit, I had to cut out a large part of the generator (and surrounding environment), leaving me with just the core of the time machine as the model.




      It’s easy to forget the scale that you’re working in when you’re using a program like maya, but putting it into UE4 provides let’s you see how big or small the model is when compared to a person.

      I like the fact that my model seems so large because that’s the effect that I was going for when presented with the task, instead of creating something small enough that you’d be able to step inside it.



No comments:

Post a Comment