Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Tuesday 27 October 2015

      Having chosen my silhouette, I went into a series of iterations, looking at various aspects of the character, stating with the clothes - I had the silhouette, but the style of clothing helps me to get to know the character more, revealing personality traits that you can't glean from the shapes in the silhouette.

      I also played around with the colour of some of the designs that I liked, as colour also gives an idea as to what kind of traits the character has. For example; warm colours such as red signify aggression, while cooler colours such as deep blues signify things like submission, which is why those opposites are used in video games to highlight both enemies and friendlies.




      Onto week 5 now, and the third task has been given. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the era that I was given at first (Georgian Europe), but after reading the short story, 'The Tinderbox', I decided that the character that would give me the most artistic freedom was the witch. I chose the witch because people were still very religious and superstitious during the Georgian Era, and so anything described as a witch would most likely be something hideous and fantastical because of folk tales, rumour and superstition.

      Found a couple of artists who I'd quite like to emulate in this project as they have a nice painterly style to them, while maintaining a degree of realism in their macabre images.




No comments:

Post a Comment