Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Tuesday 27 October 2015

      The brief gave me a selection of character profiles to choose from, and I had to design them with the Georgian era in mind. The types of characters we could design were based in a short story titled 'the Tinderbox', and I chose the witch of the story as I felt that it would allow me to have a lot more creative freedom when designing the character.

      My initial silhouettes are very ranged, from haggard and crooked characters to more war-like, battlemage type characters. In the end, I chose a mid ground between the two as that lets me design someone more youthful and magical, without the character being necessarily deformed or inherently 'evil'.



      Having done my silhouettes, I did a fair bit of research, looking at Georgian era clothes, props and people, to get an idea of how my own work should look and feel like. Initially, I looked to artworks of people and images of military and industrial equipment so that I could figure out how my character would interact with those different types of item and the characters that would utilise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment