Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Saturday 24 October 2015

      For the final render of my object I wanted to give it an air of mystery, and I decided on the cave/temple/pedestal idea, with a light from the top shining down onto it and illuminating the cave. The light took on a very blue hue, so as to simulate the moonlight, and that meant that the piece was dominated by cool colours, with warmer colours lining the edge and highlighting the timepiece.




      I think that this week (and the project in general) have gone really well. The model sheet was a little bit of a pain, but once that was finished I began to play around with how I could present my timepiece, and the quick, really loose compositional drawings were quite fun to do, imagining how the object would interact with the world and how it could be used. 

      In the end I decided that I would present it as something forgotten, hidden in a cave and waiting to be found by an adventurous person as I think that presenting it in this way gave me the best opportunity to show its mysticism, and create an ethereal atmosphere around it.

      Found more artists that I like this week, they caught my eye because of the mood that they create in their pieces, something which I undoubtedly need to learn how to do and improve so that I can influence my viewers in the way that I want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment