Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Monday 21 November 2016

      For the title of my game, I decided to go with 'Defect', as it sums up the theme of the general narrative of how I want the game to be like, it also gave me an idea for how I wanted the character to move, which was the aim of this week's workshop.

The first stage of getting your character to move is to create some inputs in the project settings. Doing this allows you to call the function using a variety of methods, such as using a mouse/keyboard or a gamepad.








Next, is setting up the nodes within the character so that the character will react to the inputs you have just made. I had to use a float*float node on the 'pitch' input in order to have a regular looking mode, instead of having it inverted.








This image shows where I attached the camera (to the neck of the character, instead of to a camera boom). This provides a shake when walking to simulate the effects of being a defective machine, as well as allowing the player to be in a more immersive first person mode.

      At the same time as working on developing the prototype, i have also started to work on a 3D model, specifically a door, which will be produced as though it were going into a game, able to be blueprinted so that it can function in-game.

No comments:

Post a Comment