Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Monday 26 September 2016

     

      For the Character, I want the design to be distinctly robotic, while having some human elements to not distance the player from the character too much. I feel like with the whole atmosphere of my game, it's a good idea to get the aesthetic of possibly the only entity in the game, correct.
      I really like the look of hydraulics and cabling in robots and mechs, as it gives them a little more definition, a little more believability, while also allowing from quite a bit of variance in design. I also feel like it could be a good idea to, given the supposed state of the mech, put some damage into his design, and then have that affect the way that the character moves, handicapping the player in more ways than one.



      I mainly looked at abandoned factories and warehouses to get a good idea of what I want the mood of the whole thing to be, and I quite like the muted blues and purples, mixed in with the occasional bright spot as it would change the tone from something macabre, to something far less sinister.
      Not only that, but it could be an idea that the aim of the game is to effectively return the player's sight by some means, revealing the vibrancy of the colours only after the game has finished and you've travelled however far in darkness, only able to see in black and white for the duration of the game.

      All in all, I think that these mood boards will help me to begin designing the characters and later, some of the sorts of environments that would be seen throughout the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment