Games Art and Design

Games Art and Design

Wednesday 11 November 2015

      Having finished all of the aspects of my character, I created a model sheet so that I could get the anatomy correct, as well as beginning to get a feel for how the character should look and what style of painting I'm going to use.



      After the model sheet, I made this character sheet to show how my character would move and stand in the world. I went against the archetypal witch in the design of my character, and I created this in the same vein, trying to show fluid, graceful movements, possibly even seductive motions in the way that she walks. I found that while I was able to get that appeal in the first of the 'walking' poses, the others didn't quite have the same effect.



      Before heading into a final render of the character, I wanted to see how I could present it in a variety of ways, although I went with quite a dark theme, using things like smoke and forestry to create atmosphere, as well as having a single, small main light source. I also did some compositions with a more portrait, up close view to compare the two different types of composition.






      Now that I'm mostly done with this project, I can feel it coming to a close, and I feel like I've learnt quite a lot of new stuff during this project, as I've used new techniques that I otherwise wouldn't have used, either because I didn't know what to do, or because I feel like my work wouldn't have been as strong as if I'd used a technique that I'm comfortable with.

      An artist who I've been enjoying for the past couple of weeks now has really helped me get to grips with painting in a really expressive way, by looking at his works and figuring out how I might be able to create the same effects in my own work.






No comments:

Post a Comment